- INTRODUCTION: Objective, learning methodology (tell, ask, shared discovery), mind of an artist (perceptual observation, meta perspective, creative interpretation), left vs right brain, innate vs attained artistic abilities, creative process (inception, incubation, illumination, implementation, improve), artistic process (design, plan, drawing, value/color, protect), mediums, subjects, benefits, holding pencil (wrist / shoulder, traditional, drumstick / lollipop, paint brush, over hand, inverted)
- ELEMENTS: Line, shape (square, triangle, circle, organic)
- FORM, VALUE & TEXTURE: Form (cube, cylinder, sphere, complex shapes), edge (sharp, form, soft, lost), value (spectrum i.e. 1-10 from White / light / middle / dark / Black, source of light, local values, intensity of light, type of surface), value (pressure, layering, lifting graphite (eraser, putty and blade), shielding or masking, lead softness i.e. HB / 2B / 4B / 6B / 8B, paper texture), texture (hatching, cross hatching, stippling, scumbling i.e. small random sharp shapes to create spiky texture), scribbling i.e. small random circular movement, contour, random lines, zigzag, smudge)
- SPACE: space (size, details, overlap, placement, contrast, color, horizon, perspective), perspective (1 / 2 / 3 point, horizon line, vanishing point, converging lines, cast shadow, foreshortening)
- COLOR THEORY: Color (light spectrum, eyes cones/rods, color mixing, basics, hue, value, chroma / saturation, color scheme i.e. monochromatic, complementary, analogues, triad / triangle, tetrad / rectangle, square, split complementary / Y, cool / passive / back, warm / aggressive / front, pastel, color psychology)
- LIGHT AND SHADOW: Source of light (proximity, axis, brightness, light zone and shadow zone), light zone (center light, reflection of source of light which depends upon viewer), half light, light halftone, halftone and dark half tone, terminator (line between light and shadow), shadow zone (core shadow, body shadow, reflected light, shadow interior), cast shadow zone (sharpness, distance of source of light, size of source of light, crack / occlusion / cervix light / accent, umbra, penumbra, ant-umbra)
- MEDIUMS: Basics and beginner techniques, methods and usage of various mediums such as graphite, charcoal, soft pastels, pencil color, acrylic, oil, watercolor, glass painting, mixed media
- CALLIGRAPHY: Tools, tips and techniques, font (normal and italic), 3D letters, uncials, minuscule letters, gothic alphabets.
- DESIGN PRINCIPLES: Direction, repetition, harmony, unity, variety, balance, proportion, dominance, contrast and composition (plato’s rule, rule of third, golden triangle, golden rectangle)
- OBJECTS: Practice of organic and in-organic objects, compositions, landscape and drawing from still life.